Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
strmywthr3

LOOKING for: recipes made with prepackaged brownie mix

strmywthr3
16 years ago

I'm looking for a way to use a bunch of packaged brownie mixes other than just plain. spice them up or make something else with them.

can anyone help?

thanks!

Barbi

Comments (11)

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here are 46.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brownie Mix Recipes

• woodie
    16 years ago

Wow Ginger - 46! I'm not going to browse through all 46 to see if this recipe is in there, but here's one that I've made and its pretty good.

Caramelized Brownies
    Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

1 package chewy brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
    4 tablespoons butter
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Pour batter into a greased 9 by 13-inch pan.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the pecans and sugar and cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves. Drizzle the caramel mixture over brownie batter and bake until a toothpick can be inserted and withdrawn cleanly, 25 to 30 minutes.

• carla35
    16 years ago

I think I posted the recipe for these before... They are really good, IMHO, and I'm not usually a big brownie or peanut butter fan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies

• pat_t
    16 years ago

I got this one years ago off the side of a Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie mix. It's really good and I make it regularly.

OATMEAL BROWNIES

2-1/2 cups oatmeal, uncooked
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    3/4 cup butter, melted
    1 pkg. brownie mix + ingredients needed on box
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom only of 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking soda; stir in margarine. Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture in prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool 5 minutes. Prepare brownies as directed on package; stir in nuts. Spread over baked oat layer; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes; cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 48 brownies.

• craftyshe
    16 years ago

~*~*~Black Forest Brownies~*~*~

1pkg (21oz.) brownie mix
    1 can(21 oz)Cherry Pie filling,divided
    ¼ c. oil
    2 eggs
    1-¼ c. semi-sweet choc. Chips
    Vanilla ice cream

Mix together browie mix,1 cup pie filling.oil & eggs.
    Pour into a 13-inch x 9 inch. Baking pan. Bake 350°
    For 30-35 min or until done.Remove from brownies
    from oven; sprinkle with choc. Chips.Spread choco.
    With a knife when melted.Let cool:cut into squares.
    Top with Vanilla ice cream & remaining pie filling.

• robbi_drake
    16 years ago

There are a few recipes like that on this site, http://www.howdididoit.com which is a fairly neat site.
    I am looking for a good recipe for lemon curd if anyone has one. I've found a few but they are not so tart as I would like them to be.

Here is a link that might be useful: How Did I Do It.

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Barbi, Paula Deane just had another brownie recipe:
    Mix brownies according to pkg. directions. Place half of mixture into a prepared pan. Top with (3) Giant candy bars (ie; Hersheys milk choc.)Spread remaining batter on top and bake according to directions. They looked really yummy! Gina

• minsue67
    16 years ago

Barbi, I do the same thing as Gina has listed above but I use a full brownie mix on the bottom and another full mix on the top. DH loves it when I use the Hershey Symphony bars with the bits of toffee in them.

• roselin32
    16 years ago

I found this one today and need to send it to my daughter in law:
    Brownie Peanut Butter Cups
    15 oz pk Brownie mix
    1/3c very hot water
    1/4c oil
    1 egg
    12 miniature peanut butter cups
    Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 muffin cutps with baking cups.Combine brownie mix, water, oil, and egg. Beat 50 strokes.
    Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.Press peanut butter cup into batter until top edge of candy is even with batter. Bake for 20-30 minutes until brownie is set.
    Cool.
    RL`

• aka_margo
    16 years ago

My mom makes this and it is delicious and easy. I'm sure you could use homemade ingredients rather than store bought items if you wanted to. If you want to make a big bowl of this for a crowd I would double it.

Death by Chocolate Trifle
    --------------------------
    1 box of brownies made according to the box and cut into small pieces
    2 boxes chocolate mousse (prepared)
    1 large tub cool whip
    2-3 Scor or Heath toffee bars broken into small pieces

In a large bowl layer brownies, then mousse, then cool whip, sprinkle with toffee bits, and continue to layer until out of ingredients.

• Jane Gramza
    8 years ago

I'm thinking of making brownies in a muffin tin. Filling partially with brownie batter, adding a little cherry pie filling & then topping with more brownie batter. Has anyone tried this & how did they turn out?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!