Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Halloween cookies (pic)

Posted by Lisa_in_Germany (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 31, 03 at 6:08

I made the chocolate sugar cookie recipe posted at the Cooking forum.
My DS rolled and cut them out. He wants to take them to a Halloween party he is going to tonight.
They turned out really cute. Here is the recipe and a pic.

* Exported from MasterCook *

ANGIES CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 3/4 cups flour
3 squares semisweet chocolate -- melted and cooled
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375. Sift together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, blend in chocolate. Add to dry mixture. Roll out, cut into shapes, and bake at 375 for 10 minutes. (8 in our oven)

Variation: substitute 1 square unsweetened chocolate for a darker chocolate taste.

Description:
"from Sylvia"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 7086 Calories; 349g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); 83g Protein; 986g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 871mg Cholesterol; 4916mg Sodium. Exchanges: 23 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 68 Fat; 41 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Here's another chocolate cookie. This one is not so dark and a bit sweeter; comes out very tender. I usually cut mine with kitty-cat cutters, they come out like little black cats. I use a toothpick to poke "eyes" and make dents for "whiskers".
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Halloween cookies (pic)

Those came out really cute, Lisa! My cutters are different from yours, now I will have to look for that shape as well. I'm glad you used my recipe, it is an old favorite.

o

Your DS did a nice job Lisa. Very cute, especially the kitty.

Ann

o

Thanks. We had fun making them.
Sylvia, they are from Wilton. Just plastic cookie cutters. Hope you can find them. I will be looking for a ghost. I also have a pumpkin.
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here