Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Hawaiin Fruit Cake

Posted by dee1 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 15:37

My friend sent me a recipe for this cake and said all the ingredients are mixed right in the pan. I guess it would be kind of like what some people call a "dump" cake. It called for cream cheese frosting, but then it didn't say whether to let the cake cool completely or not. It was still kind of warm when I put the frosting on, so I stuck it in the fridge so the frosting wouldn't melt. Has anyone ever heard of this cake? Any recipes?
Thanks,
Dee from Michigan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Hawaiin Fruit Cake

Might it also be called a 'Butterfly' cake? One of our secretary's in Florida would make it- I can remember pineapple, cherries, nuts, a light brown cake- I don't think it was spice, but that was several years ago!

o

The recipe I used didn't call for cherries, but I thought next time I would put some in. I think it would add more flavor to it. Thanks for the reply. Also, the cake isn't call "hawaiin" fruit cake, it's "Mexican Fruit Cake". LOL!
Thanks for the reply.
Dee in Michigan

o

Here's one I found.

Mexican Fruit Cake

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
20 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
2 eggs
1 c. pecans, chopped
2 tsp. baking soda

Icing:

8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
1 stick butter, softened
2 c. confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
milk

Mix all cake ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees in a floured cake pan for 45 minutes. Mix icing ingredients together and blend until smooth. Spread onto cooled cake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here