Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Strawberry Cupcakes

Posted by brighty (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 15:10

Hi, I'm looking for a strawberry cupcake recipe to make for my sisters bridal shower. Anyone know of a really good one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Strawberry Cupcakes

I found this recipe the other day after a search, but I have not tried it yet. Plan to make them this weekend.
It sounds wonderful though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry cupcakes

o

I also meant to say that I will be using frozen strawberries, since they are not in season right now. I will drain them and follow recipe as suggested. Just hope they turn out, but not sure why they would not. Will let ya know. If you can get good fresh strawberries, I would do that.

o

Check out Trisha Yearwoods site. She made strawberry cupcakes and they looked yummy. I plan on making them for our granddaughter's birthday.

o

Hello,
many times I prepared this Strawberry Cupcake. I love it and they are easy to prepare :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cupcake recipies

o

Hellion, I made the ones you linked using fresh berries, & drain well. I saved few for icing as made it with 1/2 box powdered sugar,1/2 cube butter melted & I/2 cup fresh(or frozen thawed) berries, might need bit more powdered sugar if don't drain juice off well, Mix icing until fluffy. I got 22 regular cupcakes & 24 mini. We are on low sodium diet as mom has heart trouble & swollen legs & so I modified cake by leaving out salt & using 1 tsp. Hain no sodium baking powder & rest regular bp. I gt the Hain no sodium bp at Whole Foods. hainpurefoods.com could tell you where to find it in your area.Could use unsalted butter also in cake. We really enjoyed them & I am taking them to a birthday party for friend tomorrow. Will be about 10 of us there. They have a nice strawberry flavor especially with the strawberry icing. I didn't care for cream cheese icing with these. I love it with banana cake or my apple cake. Actually with apple cake I use lemon juice & some rind, in that icing delicious!

o

Just saw this, glad the cupcake recipe worked out for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here