Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

LOOKING for: Typical 'American' Appetizers & Desserts???

sandy_in_ia
19 years ago

We will be having an "American Picnic" at our home next Monday night. We will have guys from China, Germany and Slovakia. Plus a bunch of couples from DH's work. About 22 all together. We will have appetizers early, and have the picnic about 8 (people had commitments earlier) of hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, potato salad and we are hoping to find some local 'good' sweet corn yet.

I need some ideas of what, as Jack from China says..."typical American family" appetizers. ANY and all ideas are welcome! I will be asking others to bring some as well, so if it is a recipe that you have, please add it here, and I will send it along for others.

Also, I am going to make a cake with the strawberries and blueberries laid on the top to look like an American flag. Any other "American" desserts? Besides apple pie?

I also made invitations with the American flag muted in back of the info, then have small China, Germany and Slovakia flags on them also.

I wish I would have had my head together around the 4th of July and picked up more red/white/blue things. "/ Any other "American" ideas???

THANKS!!!!

Comments (6)