Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: A Pumpkin Bread Recipe?

Posted by sheshe (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 0:45

Wondering if anyone has a pumpkin bread recipe?
Thank you,

sheshe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: A Pumpkin Bread Recipe?

I love this pumpkin bread. It makes 3 regular loaves, or several small, or soup can breads. It is moist and delicious. Jan

Pumpkin Bread

The Holiday Gift Bread*

3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
tsp baking powder
1 cup water
1 cup oil
1 cup raisins
2 tsp. cinnamon
tsp. cloves
tsp. nutmeg
tsp. ginger
4 eggs
1 no. 2 can pumpkin

Mix in large bowl, dry ingredients first, then wet.
Grease and flour 3 loaf pans, divide batter into pans, and bake at 325 degrees, about 45 minutes.
Or, bake in 12 soup cans, 45 min.

*This is a great recipe for holiday gift baking!

o

It looks really good but I am abit confused. What is
1 No. 2 can pumpkin?
I guess I should have mentioned I have a 15oz can here of
One Pie Pumpkin pie filling.
Thanks,
sheshe

o

Sorry, its an old recipe right out of the book. I think a No. 2 can is simply the next size bigger. That's what I always buy for this recipe.
I don't know if it is double the 15 oz. can, but only that it is the next size bigger. I will pay more attention to the ounces the next time I am at the store.
Wish I could've been more help.

Jan

o

The larger can is 29 oz & makes 2 pies, the 15 oz makes 1 pie. Also there is plain pumpkin & 1 with spices in it which would change everything!! Use plain pumpkin in recipes,my DD wants pumpkin pies for her Halloween birthday each yr. She wasn't too happy with the 1 pie couple of yrs ago as I had accidentally taken it instead of the regular Libby's recipe from back of big can. She thinks the pre-spiced stuff tastes "funny"! I have an excellent pumpkin bread recipe that has no eggs. Very moist & delicious!!I can't write up recipe like a card with my computer for some reason so just have to run it all together. Sorry! Pumpkin bread-large bowl I use KitchenAid mix in order with large wooden spoon 1-29 oz can pumpkin,4 c. sugar, 1 c. canola oil, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp cloves, 1 tsp salt, 4 tsp soda, 5 c. flour(I use Gold Medal),2 c. raisins(optional), 1 c. pecans or walnuts. Grease & flour pans either 3 large foil pans or 7 baby pans,(last baby pan will be smaller than the rest. Bake at 350degrees until done about 1 hr for large loaves. Cool, freeze in or out of pans . I do check these to be sure they are done. Toothpick should come out clean when done. Don't overbake!! Good Luck!!

o

Pumpkin Bread
(Very good recipe)
Ingredients:
2 cups canned pumpkin
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves

Steps:
1: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, water, oil and eggs. Beat together until mixed well.Step
2: In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves.Step
3: Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients beating until smooth.
Step 4: Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Pour the better into the 2 loaf pans evenly dividing the batter between the two. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow loafs to cool.

o

I take anything with pumpkin VERY seriously (love the stuff) and the best recipe I have found is here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Emeril Lagasse's Pumpkin Bread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here