Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msprettyky

RECIPE: Chocolate Hazelnut tart

msprettyky
17 years ago

I was watching Giada today on food network....she made this and I had to try it. I made it for the hubby after dinner. I used walnuts instead of hazelnuts because that is what I had on hand. I used a regular pie pan also, not a tart pan. This is realy good!

Chocolate Hazelnut tart

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

3 eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped, and toasted hazelnuts

8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)

1 cup corn syrup

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 store bought frozen pie crust, defrosted

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and the flour. Add the eggs, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir well. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 1 hour.

Cool the tart for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Comments (4)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

It certainly looks like it would be good. Thanks for posting it.

• lindac
    17 years ago

Sounds fabulous! But I sure wouldn't waste all thoge wonderful nuts and chocolate in a store bought crust!
    Sweet pastry for tart.
    Pastry:
    1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1/4 cup cake flour
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 pound chilled butter in cubes
    2 egg yolks....and water if needed.
    Mix dry ingredients and cut in butter until mix resembles peas. Work in the egg yolks....and if necessare to make a smooth stiff dough, up to 3T of water. Form into ball, cover and chill 30 minutes. Roll dough slightly larger than tart pan.....fit into pan and roll the pin over the edges of the pan to cut off excess dough....Chill at least 5 minutes....or over night. Fill with buttered foil weight with pie weights or beans and bake 10 minutes at 375, remoive weights and foil and bake another 10 minutes at 350.

• stashblaster
    17 years ago

I've actually made this tart twice. Once with the frozen crust and another time with homemade. I rarely have frozen crust since I always make from scratch. The frozen crust turned out ok. There is so much filling that I don't think that you notice the crust so much. Yes, the second time, the crust was a little more substantial since it was from scratch. Don't be afraid to make it either way.

• msprettyky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting the crust recipe. I am not a crust eater but will give it a try!