1 1/4 c all purpose flour
1c powdered sugar
1/2c cocoa
1c butter
1 (14 oz can) condensed milk
1 lightly beaten egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2c chopped pecans
Combine flour, sugar,and cocoa in a medium bowl-stir well. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture is like coarse meal. Press into 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on rack.
Combine condensed milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir til well blended and add pecans. Pour over crust and bake for 25 minutes more. Let cool completely, cut into bars,cover and store in refrigerator.

And this one:

Blueberry Cobbler with Cookie topping

4c fresh blueberries
1/4c + 1T sugar
3/4 c orange juice
Combine and spoon into a lightly grease 9x13" pan-set aside.

1c butter
1c sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Beat butter and sugar til creamy.Add egg and vanilla-beat well. Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mix.Drop by tablespoonsful over berries. Dust with cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Serve warm with cream or ice cream.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: A couple more treats

Don't tell my you have a pecan tree in your back yard, too! Both of these sound wonderful.

o

Actually, we have two of those too. Now, want to come for the fair and the fried pies? Will send you back with pecans too.
RL`

o

I'd love to. We used to have a pecan tree when I was growing up. If I wasn't so short-handed at work I'd comsider it. LOL

o
RE: RECIPE A couple more treats

Well, we DO have a fig banana tree on the property. Once in a great while I actually manage to get some.

o

Okay, I'll bite-is it figs or bananas??
RL

o

I don't think the real name for them is fig bananas but that's what everyone calls them here. They're little fat bananas about the length of the palm of your hand. Really, really good.

o

We Cubans eat a lot of those little bananas! We call them platanitos manzanos. I think they are sweeter than the bigger bananas. I have heard them called ladyfinger bananas as well.
Thanks for the recipes, Roselin! More for my must try list.
I will probably gain all the weight you are losing! LOLOL

o

Marlen, send the goodies to the office for the policemen. Never know when I will speed thru Florida and need some help!LOL
RL`

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here