Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Vanilla wafer cookie for a sandwich cookie

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 19:55

I'd like to try making a light vanilla cookie and put two together to make a sandwich cookie, the inside of which will be Nutella. :-)

Does anyone have a nice vanilla cookie recipe? One idea I have is to make a chocolate chip cookie recipe but without the chocolate chips. Or, maybe a shortbread cookie.... I have a good one that holds its shape from the Silver Palate Cookbook.

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Vanilla wafer cookie for a sandwich cookie

I think what would work would be this recipe but instead of making an indentation, just press flat & bake, then make sandwich cookies from them:
MELTING MOMENTS (2 dozen)
Cookies
1 cup butter
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup flour

Frozting:
3 oz cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla

For cookies: Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter & sugar. Add flour & cornstrch; mix well. Cover & chill thoroughly. Form into 1" balls & place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make an indentation with your thumb in the middle of each ball. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet & cool.
To make frosting, cream sugar & cream cheese. Add vanilla. Place a spoonful of frosting in indentation of each cookie.~~Thymes Remembered

o
RE: LOOKING for: Vanilla wafer cookie for a sandwich cookie

Those sound delicious just as they are! Thanks Ginger - I bet they would work also for sandwich cookies.

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here