Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Recipes without Nuts!

Posted by happylady1957 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 18:00

Okay, so here's the story...there are many recipes for loaves, cakes, etc., that call for nuts, but in our house, that is a no-no - Allergies! I'm stymied as to what to use when the ingredient amounts to a cup or so. I believe that some recipes could take the ommission, taste wise, but what about volume? Thanks to all the baking mavens who may know the answer to this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Recipes without Nuts!

Brownies, most cakes, quick breads & chocolate chip cookies can all be made without nuts. For the rest, you'd just have to use your own judgment. Mexican wedding cookies wouldn't work as well as pecan pies (obviously, LOL) wouldn't work either.

o

I agree with Ginger. Sometimes I add the nuts and sometimes I don't. It doesn't really change the final product (brownies, cookies, cakes, breads).

o

I don't like nuts in my food, so I don't add nuts to any recipe, and no one seems to notice. If you need something else, you can always add raisins or cranberries or some other dried fruit.

o

There are nuts and there are seeds....like sunflower seeds. they can often sub for nuts in a recipe that needs a little crunch or in a quick bread.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here