Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Texas Sheet Cake

Posted by courtreporter (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 13:54

Does anyone have the recipe for Texas Sheet Cake? I grew up having it at all holidays throughout the summer. I would love to make it again for my kids!

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Texas Sheet Cake

Haven't made this in years & don't know why because it's so good. Nice that you can make it with just one pan & the jellyroll pan.

TEXAS SHEET CAKE
Cake:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
Dash of salt
2 sticks margarine
1 cup water
5 TBL cocoa
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Coil margarine, water & cocoa. Pour over mixture of flour, sugar & salt & stir rapidly. Add buttermilk, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda & vanilla. Bake on a large, greased jellyroll pan in a preheated 400 oven for 20 minutes - no more! (Test with a toothpick after 15 minutes.) While cake bakes, during last 5 minutes, make the icing.~~

Icing:
6 TBL milk
1 stick margarine
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 TBL cocoa
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Melt margarine w/milk & cocoa & pour over powdered sugar. Add vanilla & nuts; mix well. Ice cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.~~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here