RECIPE: Texas Millionaires

Posted by Ginger_St_Thomas (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 2, 03 at 0:12

TEXAS MILLIONAIRES (about 4 dozen)
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
2 cups butterschotch morsels
2 cups dry-roasted, lightly salted peanuts
2 cups shoestring potatoes

Combine morsels in top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly until morsels are melted & smooth.
Remove from heat; stir in peanuts & potatoes. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Let set for 30-45 minutes. Store in an airtight container.~~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Texas Millionaires

Gees, I love it when you post these low calorie recipes!
Thanx a lot, Ginger.

o

Hey, Roselin, for a Texas Millionaire I will throw calorie caution to the wind! LOL
Thanks, Ginger! This looks like something fun to do with the nieces and nephews when they ask to bake with Aunt Marlen.

o

They do sound like something you can do with kids.
I will hace too have my niece bering her two girls over and can fix it sometime. One is 5 and the other one is two and my niece always says that the two is always beating up on the 5 year old.

o
RE: RECIPE: Texas Millionaires/

LOL Ilene! I have a lot of nieces and nephews and what you say also holds true for me. It seems the younger kids win out over the older ones! LOLOL

o

My daughter and her friends used to make that when they were in JR high.....
I forget what they called them....They liked to melt the chocolate in the micro.....and occasionally would have it freeze.....then they could just eat the chocolate chips in a lump! LOL!
They invented many variations....some using Chinese noodles instead of the potatoes...or when I was out of nuts, whatever kind of cereal they could find......
Those little girls were big time into melting various chips and mixing stuff into it!
And today I have the second generation with me of melted chocolate chip candys!....but I think it'll be snickerdoodles again today!
Linda C

o

Awww, brings back memories . . . my little kidlets used to make these into nests for Easter and put jelly beans in them . . . hey! . . . do you think this means they'll MARRY Texas millionaires?!?

o

Pixistix-I'm still buying up those Lotto tickets so guess hope springs eternal!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here