Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Easy Lemon Bars

Posted by koda04 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 10, 05 at 0:05

i need an easy easy lemon bars recipe

are those box mixes in the store any good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Easy Lemon Bars

I haven't tried any of the mixes. This is the one I always make & it's easy:

LEMON BARS DELUXE
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
2 sticks butter
4 beaten eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together 2 cups of the flour & the confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture clings together. Press the dough into a 13x9x2" baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, granulated sugar & lemon juice. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup flour with the baking powder; stir into the egg mixture & pour over the hot baked crust. Bake for 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven & sprinkle w/confectioners' sugar. Cool. Cut into squares.~~From Mountain Measures.

o

Luscious Lemon Bars

1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil until crumbly; reserve one cup of mixture. Pat remaining mixture lightly into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Beat cheese, sugar, lemon juice and remaining egg until light and smooth. Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. When cool, cut into bars.

o

These are really good!

Marilyn's Lemon Brownies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here