Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wearybuilder

LOOKING for: fresh peaches and frozen blueberries

wearybuilder
15 years ago

Hi! I posted on the "general" recipe forum, but only had one response (which sounds good, just looking for more info...)

I have some fresh peaches and some frozen blueberries. What are some of your favorite recipes? DH is drooling and patiently waiting! :)

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• tom_va
    15 years ago

We just tried this blueberry recipe and it is GREAT. Go to the following link and try the Cream Cheese Pound Cake. The link should open to the correct recipe.

We increased the cream cheese to ~ 5 ounces and used THREE 5x3 pans. Probably would work w/ frozen berries; we've only used fresh from our bushes. Enjoy.

Regards,

Tom in VA

Here is a link that might be useful: Blueberry Recipes

• compumom
    15 years ago

We adore this recipe! I make it now with fresh blueberries,but I bet it would work well with frozen. I've subbed nectarines, made it with more of one fruit than another, cut it in half, seems to be forgiving and easy! Oh and I don't use the pecans due to an allergy.

BLUEBERRY-Peach & Blueberry Crisp with Spiced-Pecan Topping
    by Nicole Rees
    (Based on 4 ratings)

To learn more, read the article:
    Blueberries Star in Summer Desserts
    Unlike most recipes for fruit crisp, which feed a large crowd, this one, baked in a 9-inch pan, is perfect for smaller households or gatherings. Serves six.
    ingredients
    tip :Be sure to use room-temperature berries. Cold fruit straight from the refrigerator will prevent your dessert from baking evenly.

2 oz. (4 Tbs.) unsalted butter, softened; more for the pan
    3 oz. (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. table salt
    2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
    3 cups (about 1 lb.) room-temperature blueberries, washed and drained on paper towels
    3 medium peaches (about 1 lb.), halved, pitted, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    3 Tbs. cornstarch
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
    how to make
    Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch square metal or ceramic baking pan.
    In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. of the salt. With your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture readily clumps together when pressed. Mix in the pecans.
    In a large bowl, toss the blueberries and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar with the cornstarch, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/8 tsp. salt and toss this mixture with the fruit.
    Spread the fruit into the prepared baking pan. Pressing the streusel into small lumps, sprinkle it over the fruit. Bake until the fruit is bubbling in the center and the topping is crisp and well browned, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.
    serving suggestions:
    I love this crisp served with vanilla-bean ice cream.
    From Fine Cooking 93, pp. 72

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery