Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Tahitian Treat Ice Cream

Posted by amyta (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 18:50

Does anyone remember the simple recipe for Tahitian Treat ice cream? I made it a lot in the 70's-80's when my kids were small. It was so easy that I never wrote it down. Seems like it was one large bottle Tahitian Treat + 1 can sweetened condensed milk + regular milk to fill the churn. I can't remember if that was all. Help! My daughter wants to revisit childhood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Tahitian Treat Ice Cream

The source of this is on your post at the Recipe Exchange.

3 Liters of Tahitian Treat Soda (hard to find unless you are in the south. If you can't find it, sub. for Sunkist or Welch's Strawberry or Fruit Punch)
1 - can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

Open Soda a few hours ahead of preparation to let it ''flatten'' out, this will help you get all 3 liters in without it fizzing over. Put Sweetened Condensed Milk in ice cream freezer first, then add all three liters of soda (take your time). Follow your normal procedure for adding ice and rock salt, let run about 45 minutes in the ice cream maker.
----------

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here