Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires_gw

RECIPE: L@@king for White Chocolate Brownies

sapphires
18 years ago

Hi,

Hubble prefers white chocolate so I would like to make white chocolate brownies. Does anyone have a recipe or suggestions, tips et.., on how to make? Thank you. Would like tried and true recipes.

Sapphires

Comments (7)

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

Tried & true:
    WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
    8 TBL (1 stick) unsalted butter
    8 oz white chocolate chips or coarsely chopped white chocolate
    2 large eggs
    Salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 cup flour
    8 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8" square pan. Line the bottom with foil & lightly grease the foil.
    Melt the butter in a havy saucepan over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Add 1/2 the white chocolate; do not stir. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt in a large bowl until frothy. Gradually add the sugar & beat until the mixture is pale yellow & a slowly dissolving ribbon forms when the beaters are lifted. Add the butter-chocolate mixture, the vanilla & 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in the flour & mix until just combined. Fold in the semi-sweet chips & remaining 4 oz of white chocolate. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan; smooth the top with a spatula. Bake 30 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares. Can be mae a day ahead.~~Very Virginia

• sapphires
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Glenda,
    Thank you for this recipe. The first 8oz of white choc chips in the ingrediant list, is that semi-sweet? The 8oz chocolate chips at bottom of recipe, is that white chips? Sorry confused. Thanks.

Sapphires

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

Ginger, not Glenda. The first is for white chocolate. The second is for regular "chocolate" semi-sweet chocolate.

• sapphires
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry about that Ginger. Thank you for explaning. I look forward to making this for Hubby. He just doesn't like chocolate chocolate. Now myself, I love all chocolate.

Sapphires

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

No problem! Hope he likes them.

• ann_t
    18 years ago

Here's one that your husband might like. The recipe only calls for White Chocolate and lots of it. I made these last night and my husband loved them. I decorated them with a little melted milk chocolate but they are just as good without.

Home Cookin 4.9 Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

===================================
    White Chocolate and Almond Brownies

Source: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/hannahs/brownies/white-chocolate-brownies.htm

12 oz. white chocolate; broken into pieces

1 cup unsalted butter

3 eggs

3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 9" square pan.

Melt chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly (do not be concerned if the white chocolate separates). Remove from heat when chocolate is just melted.

With electric mixer, beat in eggs until mixture is smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top.

Bake 30-35 minutes or just until set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2" squares.

YIELD: 24 Squares

• sapphires
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ann,
    Thanks for the recipe I have copied it down. I need to make him his Lemon Brownies first. Thanks.

Sapphires

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida