Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aeiger

LOOKING for: super easy peanutbutter fudge

aeiger
18 years ago

a few years ago I found a recipe for awesome PB fudge. It contained only granulated suger, PB, water and chocolate chips for the top. It was so good!!! I have lost the recipe and cannot recreate the measurmenta and cooking time. Does anyone have this recipe? /Abi

Comments (8)

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

I don't have that one but I saved this one posted by Jenn here a while back.

My mom made this for many years every Christmas. The original recipe had 1 jar of marshmallow cream, but we thought it made the fudge too sweet so she left it out. Source: Better Homes & Gardens
    Peanut Butter Fudge

Butter sides of heavy 2-qt. sauce pan. In it, combine 2 cups granulated sugar and 2/3 cup milk. Stir over medium heat until sugar disolves and mixture boils. Cook to softball stage. (NOTE: Do not cook too long or mixture will be too dry.)

Remove from heat; quickly add:

1 cup chunky peanut butter
    1 6-oz. package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
    1 tsp. vanilla

Blend. Pour into buttered 9x9x2 pan*. Score, cut when firm.

*A cookie sheet can be used instead for thinner pieces.

• jenn
    18 years ago

Thanks Ginger for saving and posting that. :-) I haven't made it in a while but it's been a favorite in my family for years.

If you are interested, I will post the recipe with the marshmallow cream included. Since we leave it out, we have to be very careful to not overcook or the mixture will be dry. And, not everyone will find it too sweet with the marshmallow cream.

Jen

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

Sure! I love marshmallow cream if you want to post it. Thanks.

• chery2
    18 years ago

Don't forget the no-fail fudge using sweetened condensed milk! Elilminates the added sugar [not that the chips, peanut butter, and scm don't have ENOUGH sugar!].

Easy, Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

12 oz Package semisweet chocolate -morsels
    12 oz Jar crunchy peanut butter
    14 oz Can sweetened condensed milk
    Put chocalate chips and peanut butter into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes until chips have completely melted. Add sweetened condensed milk; stir until mixture is of a uniform consistency. Pour into an 8x8 square pan lined with wax paper. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1" pieces. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds or 16 servings.

Easy Five Minute Fudge Recipe
    1 c Condensed milk-Eagle Brand 14 oz
    Salt-dash
    2 c Nuts-chopped
    1 ts Vanilla
    1 pk Chocolate chips
    12 oz * * Semi-sweet or milk chocolate
    Heat the above in a saucepan (except nuts) until the chips are melted. Add nuts; stir. Spread in an 8" square pan sprayed with Pam. Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate. Ready to cut in 2 hours.
    cheryva

• jenn
    18 years ago

Ginger, I completely forgot about this. I will post the recipe with the marshmallow cream as soon as I can. Feel free to nudge me if I forget again. :-)

Jen

• jenn
    18 years ago

Ginger -- finally, I remembered! To make my peanut butter fudge recipe with the marshmallow cream, just add 1/2 of a pint jar of marshmallow cream in the same step where you add the peanut butter and chocolate pieces. Here's the recipe again but this time with the marshmallow cream....... And again, thank you for posting it here -- it's one of our old family favorites.

Peanut Butter Fudge

Butter sides of heavy 2-qt. sauce pan. In it, combine 2 cups granulated sugar and 2/3 cup milk. Stir over medium heat until sugar disolves and mixture boils. Cook to softball stage (234°).

Remove from heat; quickly add:

1/2 of a pint jar marshmallow cream
    1 cup chunky peanut butter
    1 6-oz. package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
    1 tsp. vanilla

Blend. Pour into buttered 9x9x2 pan*. Score, cut when firm.

*A cookie sheet can be used instead for thinner pieces.

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

Thanks, Jenn! I saved it.

• jenn
    18 years ago

You're welcome Ginger -- hope you like it!

Jen

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus