Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Homemade Brownies with Flaky Top

Posted by whyreliv (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 13:23

Hi Everyone...
I'm new here. Found you by looking for a sugar cookie recipe I'd been searching for. Figured someone here would be able to help me out.

I'm looking for a homemade brownie recipe that makes the top flaky like the storebought type. I've tried countless recipes and end up having to frost them because while they might be fudgy... they didn't do the flaky skin thing. I could just buy the box stuff... it's usually cheaper, but you know how it is... if you didn't actually create it, it's hard to take the compliments for it.

Thanks so much for your expertise!
Diane in Arizona

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Homemade Brownies with Flaky Top

Check out this step by step flaky brownies

Here is a link that might be useful: flaky brownies

o
another

Here's another, but with suggestions

Here is a link that might be useful: flaky brownies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here