Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patriciakw

LOOKING for: homemade vanilla ice cream

patriciakw
20 years ago

does anyone have a recipe for vanilla ice cream without using evaporated milk

and has anyone ever substituted eggbeaters for the eggs in ice cream ???? does it work ????

Comments (4)

• glenda_al
    20 years ago

French Vanilla Ice MIlk (this is similar to what my mother used to make)

French Vanilla Ice Milk
    viewed 5533 times

Categories: Dessert, Frozen Desserts, Frozen Yogurt, Low fat
    Freezing Time: 2 hrs.

This recipe is from Butter Busters by Pam Mycoskie. The nutrition info per sugar serving is as follows: 132 calories, 0.2g fat (2%), 2mg cholesterol, 0g fiber, 6g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 94mg sodium. For the Sweet and Low recipe its 102 calories and 18g carbohydrate.

1/2 cup Sugar
    OR
    1/4 cup Sugar
    AND
    3 packets Sweet 'n Low
    2 tablespoons Cornstarch
    3 cups Skim milk
    1/4 cup Water
    1/2 cup Egg Beaters
    2 teaspoons Vanilla

In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk and water, stirring constantly. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
    Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2" metal pan. Freeze until ice crystals form around the edge of pan, about an hour. Spoon into a large bowl. Beat at high speed until smooth. Return to pan. Repeat freezing and beating step once. Freeze until firm. Serve immediately

• becky_ca
    20 years ago

* Exported from MasterCook *

Vanilla Ice Cream & Variations

Recipe By :Becky Chatham
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 cups cream
    1 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together and process in ice cream maker.

Yield:
    "1 quart"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    NOTES : For Chocolate Ice Cream - add 1/2 cup chocolate syrup.

For Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - replace vanilla with mint extract and add a few drops of green food coloring. When ice cream is almost done, add either some mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips which have been chopped in the food processor.

• ginger_st_thomas
    20 years ago

Here's an Egg Beaters recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice Cream

• lilypad22
    20 years ago

I don't know if egg beaters work with all recipes or not. If you find one you like, try substituting and see how it turns out. A few years ago I went on a girl scout camping weekend, at that time, eggs were not to be eaten raw and as I didn't want to risk the girls getting sick, I used the substitute in the place of the eggs. We used a small and a large coffee can, put the ice cream mixture in the small can, put on the lid, put the can in the larger one, added salt and ice and the girls rolled the can around the picnic table until it was frozen. The girls had a great time doing this and talked about it for years. I had made a test batch before the campout to be sure it would work. I had never used the egg substitute before, but it turned out fine, I really didn't know the difference.

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH