Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Need a silly boyish cake a 9 year old boy can make

Posted by joyfulheart (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 08 at 10:10

He's a cub scout and they have a cake contest each year. It has to be a cake just he and dad can make together. (Dad's help needs to be minimal).

He is determined to win again this year, but we just cant find anything he can make that is unique enough, "cool" enough, and one he can do...

Here's the one they made last year and won silliest cake...
Photobucket

OOOh, just realized his younger brother will be entering this event this year too. (he just joined cub scouts too)

So I need lots of ideas, anything would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Need a silly boyish cake a 9 year old boy can m

I don't guess he'd want to make a kitty litter cake? If not, check out the site below. There are 2 pages, A-Z of cakes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cakes

o

How about a cake that looks like something it isn't?

Like what if it looked like a bowl of spaghetti? You could pipe the noodles out of icing. Chocolate cake balls for meatballs?

Or I saw a Aprils fools thing that had a slice of chocolate cake as a slice of meatloaf with red sauce (icing) as ketchup and a pile of mashed potatoes that was made out of some cream type thing. Gravy was caramel syrup. Maybe you make a table of food - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas?

Also, how about a cake that looks like some futuristic engine? It could be black with all types of tubes and wires coming out of it.

I would also think anything gross would be appealing to kids that age. A face with snot coming out the nose? Eww, I know.

The cake from last year is great!

o

Maybe a cake, or cakes, arranged to look like burgers on a grill?

o

Here's a pic of a cake I made. It's SIMPLE, more assembly than baking.

Easy Hamburger Cake
Ingredients
1 package yellow or golden cake mix
1 package brownie mix (any size)
Container of non-dairy whipped topping (thawed)

Strawberries
Kiwi
Sesame seeds
Yellow food coloring
Directions

1. Bake cake according to package directions in 2, 8" or 9" round pans. Sprinkle one pan with sesame seeds during last few minutes of baking.
2. Bake Brownies according to package directions in same size pans.
3. Let cool few minutes then invert onto racks to cool completely.
4. Peel kiwi and slice (for 'pickles')
5. Slice Strawberries (for 'tomatoes')
6. Tint non-dairy topping with yellow food coloring (for mustard)
7. Before serving assemble with yellow cake for bottom bun, brownie for meat, top with fruit, then whipped topping, and the other yellow cake (with the seeds). I assembled my cake about 5 hours before serving and refrigerated it.

o

Nikki that is a cool looking cake!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here