Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilene29

RECIPE: zucchini fudge cake

Ilene29
20 years ago

I have found another recipe of my mom's that i thought that sound good. Ofcorse i have a lot of her recipes.

ZUCCHINI FUDGE CAKE

4 large eggs

2 1/4 cups sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

3 cups unsifted flour

1/2 cup cocoa

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. soda

3/4 tsp. salt

3 cups coarsly shredded zucchini

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup walnuts

CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2-4 oz. bar sweet chocolate

1/2 cup sweetend whipped topping

1 cup fresh raspberries (optioal)

Grease and flour four 9 inch round cake pans. Arrange oven shelvesto hold pans. Heat oven 350.

In large bowl beat eggs with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beatening until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in vanila and butter. In a large bowl sifted combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.Sift half of flour mixture over eggs, stir together, add buttermilk; stir until combened, sift in remaning flour mixture; stir until combined, Fold in zucchini and nuts. Divide batter into pans. Bake until tops spring back about 25 to 30 min. Cool on rack.

Iceing

CHOCOLATE FROSTING

In a large bowl beat together 1 cup butter softened. 2lbs unsifted powder sugar 1/2 cup cocoa 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk. Beat until creamy. Use to fill frost and decorate cake.

Decorating

Useing a pasty bag with star tip pipe a shell border around and bottom edges of cake, with a vegetable peeler shave chocolate sprinkle over top. Decorate with whipped cream and rasperries if desired.

Comments (10)