Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: zucchini fudge cake

Posted by Ilene29 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 03 at 6:52

I have found another recipe of my mom's that i thought that sound good. Ofcorse i have a lot of her recipes.

ZUCCHINI FUDGE CAKE

4 large eggs
2 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups unsifted flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
3 cups coarsly shredded zucchini
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup walnuts

CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2-4 oz. bar sweet chocolate
1/2 cup sweetend whipped topping
1 cup fresh raspberries (optioal)

Grease and flour four 9 inch round cake pans. Arrange oven shelvesto hold pans. Heat oven 350.
In large bowl beat eggs with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beatening until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in vanila and butter. In a large bowl sifted combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.Sift half of flour mixture over eggs, stir together, add buttermilk; stir until combened, sift in remaning flour mixture; stir until combined, Fold in zucchini and nuts. Divide batter into pans. Bake until tops spring back about 25 to 30 min. Cool on rack.

Iceing
CHOCOLATE FROSTING

In a large bowl beat together 1 cup butter softened. 2lbs unsifted powder sugar 1/2 cup cocoa 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk. Beat until creamy. Use to fill frost and decorate cake.

Decorating

Useing a pasty bag with star tip pipe a shell border around and bottom edges of cake, with a vegetable peeler shave chocolate sprinkle over top. Decorate with whipped cream and rasperries if desired.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: zucchini fudge cake

It always amazes me that you can't tell it's zucchini in a cake. It's a good way to get kids to eat a vegetable (me, too.) Your mom must have been a good baker, Ilene.

o

She was a good baker and cook she had a lot of good recipes I coupled alot of them before she died and my other sisters got the other recipes and she had a box of recipes and when we all were looking at them mom stared to tell them about the box of recipes and i looked at her and shock my head no and she did'nt tell the rest then and i took them to the car and she died about a month after that. She did
have a lot of good recipes. I keeep finding more of her recipes for zucchini. She had 7 kids.

Ilene

o

Thanks Ilene-my husband just brought in 4 more of these things!
RL

o

Ilene - that's good that you have her recipes written down. My grandmother never wrote down any of her recipes and none of us can remember the "secret ingredients" to some of her dishes. We can get it close, but not like hers!

By chance did she have a good carrot cake recipe? The old-sashioned kind that has lots of spice and chunky texture? I lost mine to a computer crash last year.

o

Renne,
I will have to wait until tomarrow when we get back unto town and look.
I know she had some carrot recipes.
Ilene

o

Thanks. My wedding cake was carrot cake, so I have a soft spot for a good one!

o

I have always heard about chocolate zucchini cake, but never had a recipe. Heard it was really good! This one is going in the file to try.

Eileen

o

Ilene - the spicy chocolate zucchini cake recipe you gave me was WONDERFUL!!!

Doris

o

Thanks, Ilene. I love this type of cake.

o

Doris,
Im glad that you ;like it. We all liked it whem mom always made it.
Ilene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here