Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Pecan Cheesecake Bars

Posted by cookingrvc (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 04 at 13:32

Got this recipe from the Land O'Lakes site and modified it slightly. I replaced the pecans with walnuts and added a teaspoon (more or less) of walnut flavoring to the cream cheese mixture.

Result: Maple Walnut Cheesecake Bars.

My colleagues ate them up!

Pecan Cheesecake Bars

Preparation 10 min.
Baking 42 min.

Crumb Mixture Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup LAND O LAKES Butter, softened*
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Filling Ingredients:

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350F. Combine flour, brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans by hand. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture; set aside.

Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in small bowl. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Spread filling over hot, partially baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

Continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely; cut into bars. Store refrigerated.

*Substitute LAND O LAKES Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil right from the refrigerator.
Yield: 25 bars

Here is a link that might be useful: Land O'Lakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Pecan Cheesecake Bars

Sounds good to me Sue. I can just imagine how quickly these disappeared.

Ann

o

That Land O Lake sites has lots of winners & this sure looks like one of them.

o

Ohhh wow, now I am hungry again-and I just ate lunch!

~Heidi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here