Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: rec: country apple dessert

Posted by Pat_T (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 15, 04 at 11:29

My friend, Schmitty, posted this on another forum I am a member of. I'm making it for dessert tonight. It sounds so easy and yummy.

COUNTRY APPLE DESSERT

1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
20 oz. can apple pie filling
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg, at low speed with electric mixer to form a crumbly dough. Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread apple pie filling over top. Combine brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pie filling. Combine sour cream, egg and vanilla, pour over top. Bake 40 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.

Note: The sour cream topping should be drizzled over the top not poured...it is not enough to cover...

Posted by Schmitty at Nanas Kitchen 6/01/04.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: rec: country apple dessert

This looks good. Will give it a whirl this weekend.
thanks for sharing.
sue

o
RE: recipe: rec: country apple dessert

This reminds me of a recipe I have that I have not made in a very long time. I used to love this so I am sure the recipe you posted will be good. I will keep this to try too.

Here is mine:

Creamy Dutch Apple Dessert

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
14 oz. Eagle Brand condensed milk
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 can apple pie filling
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. In a square baking dish, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle in crumbs; stir well. Press on bottom of dish. In medium bowl, mix together Eagle Brand, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over crumbs. Spoon pie filling evenly over creamy layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; mix together nuts and cinnamon and sprinkle over top. Serve warm or cold.

Marilyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here