Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Can't-Leave-Alone Bars ??

Posted by ysop1016 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 10:08

I made Debbie814's recipe and it wasn't close to being done after 25min. I baked it for 35min. and it looks and tastes great but it's very chewy and the topping didn't spread. Any advice for next time, Debbie or anyone else?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Can't-Leave-Alone Bars ??

Is this the recipe? I have never made this so I'm sorry that I can't help with your question. But maybe the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips & butter mixture had to cook a little longer in the microwave before pouring over the crust part. It sounds like a great recipe!

Can't Leave Alone Bars

* 1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) white cake mix
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
* 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
* 1 Cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/4 Cup butter, cubed

In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs and oil. With floured hands, press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds, stir. Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted. Stir until smooth.

Pour over crust. Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting

Makes 3 dozen
This recipe was tested in a 850 watt oven

o

ysop, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. Just saw your message. In the 13 x 9 pan, I bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I do love these bars and will bring them next week to a lake party. I used to make them for my son's tailgate parties at the football game, the boys always begged for them. I hope yours turned out good in the end.

o

So was that the right recipe? Looks yummy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here