Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

Posted by Debbie814 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 04 at 8:12

I made this for Father's Day and it was enjoyed by all.

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

Graham Cracker Crust:
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of ground pecans
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
6 tablespoons of melted butter

Cheesecake filling:
1 1/2 pounds of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 vanilla beans

4 eggs
2 tablespoons of heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, ground pecans if you have them. Add the butter and mix well. Press evenly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake about 8 mins or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time, and then the flour, vanilla extract. Add the eggs and heavy cream, beating on low speed until it is all combined. Split open your vanilla beans and scrape out the seeds and guts inside the bean. Add this to your batter. (save your split beans to garnish the top of the cheesecake)

Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the middle of the oven until set, the center should be slightly soft. It should bake for 55-70 minutes. Remove from the oven, loosen the outer ring and let cool in the pan. Refrigerate the cake, for about 6 hours, then remove the outer ring. Top with the vanilla beans and a sprig of something green like peppermint leaf.Be prepared to get kisses!
Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

Sounds wonderful but with the current price of vanilla beans it's probably spendy but I'll bet it's great.

o
RE: RECIPE: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

I paid $3.15 for the vanilla bean, therefore only used one instead of two. It tasted wonderful though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here