Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: 3-2-1 Cake= fabulous!

Posted by txcook (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 21:20

You simply assemble as follows:

1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 box any flavor cake mix (I like chocolate!)

Directions:
Using a large plastic bowl with a tightly fitting lid or a large zip lock bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix stirring or shaking well.

For each individual serving, take 3 T. of the cake mixture and mix it with 2 T. of water in a small microwave safe container, such as a coffee mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute. You now have your own instant individual cake. You can top with a dollop of fruit, ice cream, or whipped topping if you like.

Try various flavors of cake mix but it must always be combined with an Angel Food mix.

Keep the mix tightly sealed in an airtight container until used and remember: This recipe is called 3-2-1 Cake because all you need to remember is 3 T.mix, 2 T. water, and 1 minute in the microwave. Great for those instant cravings!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: 3-2-1 Cake= fabulous!

Has anyone tried this?

o

Yes! I always have several flavors mixed up and DH makes them in the evening sometimes and tops with ice cream for an evening snack while watching TV. And he often fixes them for my 2 grandsons as an after-school snack (he watches them after school). He has add-ins available for them too, like mini chocolate chips, fruit, coffee powder, etc. My favorite is plain old white cake with fresh strawberries mixed in before baking.

o

I do this cake as well. It's a perfect individual cake that's ready in no time. I also do mine with chocolate chips in the batter. Yum and easy !!

o

Checking back. Thanks for the tips Donna and Angela. I'll try it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here