Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Meyer Lemon Recipes

Posted by mangofox (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 04 at 15:41

What are your best lemon recipes? I have my first Meyer Lemon Tree and am looking for recipes.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Meyer Lemon Recipes

LEMON BARS DELUXE
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
2 sticks butter
4 beaten eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together 2 cups of the flour & the confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture clings together. Press the dough into a 13x9x2" baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, granulated sugar & lemon juice. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup flour with the baking powder; stir into the egg mixture & pour over the hot baked crust. Bake for 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven & sprinkle w/confectioners' sugar. Cool. Cut into squares.~~From Mountain Measures.

SOUR CREAM LEMON PIE
1 baked 9" pie shell
Filling:
1 cup sugar
3 TBL cornstarch
1 TBL flour
1 TBL grated lemon zest
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup light cream
4 TBL butter
1 cup sour cream

Topping:
1 cup heavy cream
2 TBL confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp almond extract
Grated lemon zest
Lemon slices for garnish

Filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour, lemons zest & juice & light cream. Bring slowly t a boil, stirring constantly. Add the butter & cook until thick & smooth. Remove from heat & cool. Stir in the sour cream & pour filling into the baked pie shell. Refrrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Topping: Whip the cream & fold in the confectioners' sugar, sour cream & almond extract. Spoon over the lemon pie filling. Sprinkle w/grated zest & decorate w/lemon slices.~~ From Jubilation.

LEMON PUDDING (serves 6)
4 1/2 TBL butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs, separated
4 1/2 TBL flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Grated zest & juice of 2 lemons (add more juice for tarter flavor)
Whipped cream, optional

Preheat oven to 350. Butter an oblong glass baking dish. cream the butter & 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Beat the yolks & add to the creamed mixture, stirring until well combined. Beat in the flour. Add the milk, zest & lemon juice; stir to mix. Beat the whites with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until soft peaks form; fold into the creamed mixture.
Pour into the prepared baking dish. set the dish in a shallow pan & pour hot water into the pan to a depth of 1". Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from the oven & from the water bath. Cool & shill. Serve with whipped cream~~ From Furniture City Feasts

UPSIDE DOWN LEMON CUPS (serves 6)
1 cup sugar
3 TBL floru
Pinch of salt
Juice & zest of 1 large lemon
1 TBL melted butter
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 egg whites, beaten stiff

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, combine teh sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice & zest, melted butter, yolks & milk. Fold in the egg whites. Divide the mixture among 6 greased custard cups & set them in a pan of hot water. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool & chill. Remove the custard from teh cups to serve, turning them upside down.~~

o

I've made the recipe below several times to rave reviews. It would be a wonderful way to use your lemons.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemon Curd Tart

o

I made these for a get together today and they were very nice.
Lemon Drop Cookies
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups lemon chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; beat in lemon extract and peel. Beat in eggs until well blended. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in lemon chips` and chopped walnuts. Drop cookie dough by teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
Makes about 5 to 6 dozen lemon drop cookies

If you can't find the lemon chips, vanilla chips will work too.
RL`

o

I have a lemon tree, too, but it only makes pretty flowers. No lemons are forming.
Lisa

o

Yum, think I'll start with the Lemon Curd Tart and move on from there.
Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here