Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowball_47

RECIPE: cream cheese frosting for wedding cakes

snowball
14 years ago

several years ago I posted a need for a cream cheese frosting suitable for wedding cakes and someone posted one for me which thankfully I wrote down and have used...because in a search for it I can't find it...my question is this my daughter is getting married in June and I want to use this frosting in trying to decide when to get all that the brides mother needs to do done. How long can the cake be out of the refreg with cream cheese frosting? No refreg big enough to frost the cakes and put in refreg till reception. or should I do everything then do the cake and hopefullly be done by the time of the meal then the wedding and then the reception. want to get my hair done that type of thing Ideas welcome

sheila

Comments (3)

• User
    14 years ago

DON'T DO IT. As the mother of two recent brides, I can speak from experience. YOU WON'T HAVE TIME FOR ANYTHING, take care of yourself and your daughter, period.

For my first daughter's wedding, I, stupidly, agreed to pick up flowers, etc and deliver to the reception site first thing in the morning. It was a mistake, I was so rushed and so stressed just trying to get myself ready and be there to help the my daughter, I learned my lesson. For the next daughter's wedding, I picked up the wedding dress the day before, and even that was just too much. In addition to the obvious - hair, dress, rehearsal dinner, getting to the wedding on time, etc. etc, there's just so many little, tiny but really important things that need to be dealt with, you don't need the distraction of making and frosting the wedding cake and delivering it to the reception site. That's what bakeries, or friends, are for.

Good luck.

• lindac
    14 years ago

How long the cake can stay out of the refrig depends on the temperature.
    At 85 degrees the frosting will be melting and running....but if the air conditioning is set on 68, it could stay several days.
    Linda C

• alanna1
    14 years ago

H1! My daughter got married a week ago and I was supposed to bake and decorate her wedding cake. Not only planning
    her wedding and reception,my husband was just diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer. I taking him for treatments 5 days a week,plus trying to tie up all the loose ends.
    My solution to my wedding cake problem was to have a local
    bakery bake the cake and I decorated it myself. Weeks ago,
    I candied tons of violets, violas and pansey's. The
    wedding was nature-inspired and there were bird nests
    and toparies everywhere. The 4 tier cake was on a piece
    of wood with bark around the bottom of it. It took me
    over 2 hours to decorate it with the bakery doing all of the baking and icing of the cake. I know with everything
    I had to do I could have never had the time to bake it and
    ice it myself. Don't forget your daughter's wedding reception is the largest party you will ever host! Good luck! Alanna from Pa