3/4 cup flour

1 cup chopped Heath bars

Brown Sugar Topping:

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 cup whipping cream

1 TBL unsalted butter

3/4 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup chopped pecans

For the brownies, line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, extending foil over the sides. Combine the chocolate & butter in a saucepan & cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly.

Cool 5 minutes. Whisk in the brown sugar, cinnamon & salt. Add the eggs 1 at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Whisk for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the flour, whisking just until blended. Stir in the chopped candy bars (I chilled the candy & chopped them in a processor.) Spoon into the prepared pan, smoothing the surface.

Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

For the topping, combine the brown sugar, whipping cream & butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla.

Let stand 10 minutes. Whisk until of spreading consistency. Stir in the pecans. Spread over the brownies.

Let stand 1 hour or until set. Serve cold or at room temperature. Store, covered in the refrigerator.~~From Down by the Water.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor