Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for tupperware recipe, Black Forest

Posted by cherylnsw (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 07 at 0:06

About 10 years ago I had a tupperware demonstration where the demonstrator made Black Forest. I remember it used tinned cherries, cream and ready made chocolate cake, don't know what else. If I remember rightly it was made in the jelly (jelo?)ring. Can anyone please help me with this? I'd love to make it up for dessert on Mother's Day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for tupperware recipe, Black Forest

I assume you mean a cake mix & was it made in a microwave?

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Forest Cake

o

Thanks but no that's not it, this one was a no-cook recipe.

I think the cake was laid in the base and up the sides, then the cream and cherries were put in the centre, before being covered with more cake. It may be worth experimenting with if I can't find the recipe. I just can't remember what else I had to buy.

o

Play around with the one at the link below or this one from Nancys-kitchen.com & you might come up with something similar.
BLACK FOREST TRIFLE

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1/4 c. rum or brandy (optional)
3 oz. pkg. chocolate pudding (instant okay)
1 can cherry pie filling
Whipped cream or 1 (8 oz.) carton frozen whipped topping (thawed)

Bake cake as package directs. Cool and cut in cubes. I usually use half of a 9x13 pan-size cake for about 10 people. For bigger groups I use the entire cake with an additional package of pudding and an additional can of pie filling.

Arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in glass bowl, compote or large brandy snifter. Sprinkle with 1/2 rum or brandy. Layer in 1/2 of pudding, then 1/2 of pie filling. Repeat layering with remaining cake, rum or brandy, pudding, and pie filling. Top with layer of whipped cream. Chill 3 hours or more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Forest Trifle

o

Thanks, that looks great. I'll have to try this one.

o

Hello, Cherylnsw,
The link below is for the Tupperware recipe site. It has pdf files of several of their recipe collections. In Volume III is a recipe called "Delightful Trifle" with a Black Forest variation that sounds like what you described.

You will find it on the top right corner of page 20 of the pdf.

I hope this is what you are looking for. It was fun to see some recipes I had forgotten about--I sold TW 28 years ago, and loved the cooking demos, so this took me back.

http://www.siteimpressions.com/recipe/recipes.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Tupperware recipe collections

o

http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/Tupperware/Recipes/TupperwareRecipesMicrowaveBlackForestCake.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here