Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Rice Pudding

Posted by Janet (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 04 at 23:09

Here's the recipe I use for rice pudding. It's not a creamy style. I'm not sure how to explain it but everyone who has it loves it.

1 cup cooked rice
2.5 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup raisins
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 350F. Mix sugar and cornstarch. Beat eggs slightly. Beat eggs and milk into sugar mixture. Sitr in rice, lemon juice, raisins and cinnamon. Pour into ungreased 1.5 quart casserole. Place casserole in a 9 inch square pan on oven rack, pour very hot water into pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, approximately 1.5 hours.

I often use dried cherries instead of raisins. I have used egg substitute in this with no change. I usually double this recipe since we love it so much. We even eat it for breakfast.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Rice Pudding

Rice pudding sounds good right about now & I haven't made it for a while. Thanks!

o

This is from my 1986 SL Annual
Amaretto Rice Pudding
3 eggs, beaten
2/3c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2c milk, scalded
1 1/2c cooked rice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4c amaretto
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly add scalded milk, stirring constantly. Stir in rice, cinnamon, amaretto, and vanilla.
Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 1/2 qt baking dish. Place dish in a larger shallow pan; add 1" of water to pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
Stir pudding mixture; sprinkle evenly with nutmeg and bake 30 additional minutes. Remove dish from pan-let cool.
Yield: 6 servings.
Hope this it the one!
RL`

o

That sounds great, Roselin!

o

This recipe was one of Marlen's and by far, the best I have ever had.

Arroz con Leche - Gladys Style
(Cuban Rice Pudding)

1/2 cup valencia rice (dont rinse) or arborio
1 can condensed milk
1 vanilla bean, split
4 cups water (3 and 1)
Pinch of salt
Lemon rind - 2 pcs- about 2"xx2"
Raisins to taste

Boil 3 cups water. Add rice, vanilla bean and salt for 15 minutes. Rice should not be overly soft. Add condensed milk, 1 cup water and lemon rind. Cook 30 minutes stirring often. Add raisins. Do not allow rice to become dry. When cold, it thickens. Pour into molds. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
RL`

o

Link to thank you to Roselin on primary forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thank you to Roselin

o

And you are very welcome.
RL`

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here