Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Do you have a favorite Splenda recipe?

Posted by sayhellonow (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 08 at 15:39

I have discovered that Splenda is made from sugar by removing the molecule that creates sugar's calories. So I'm looking for some recipes that you've tried and know to be really good.

Also, with canning season approaching, have any of you tried canning anything in particular using Splenda? I made raspberry jam and it was too runny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Do you have a favorite Splenda recipe?

Let's move this one down.

o

Move it down?

o

Why? There are a lot of people cooking with Splenda these days.

o

My thoughts too. I am using sugar only on rare occasions when Splenda won't work (my raspberry freezer jam won't set up with Splenda). I am hoping for some good tried-and-true recipes.

o

I have been checking this post daily. I don't have any T&T recipes but I hope someone else does. I am trying to cut back on sugar.

o

I don't have any recipes because I only occasionally use a packet of Splenda on cereal but there are a lot of recipes at this link and Google has lots. I know that my diabetic sister in law uses it for her fried pies though.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Default.aspx

o

I made a Flourless Chocolate Cake last night using Splenda instead of sugar. We cut it tonight, so I can't tell you what it tasted like. However, it uses 8 eggs and two whole sticks of butter, so it may not be good for those whose cholesterol is too high.

o

No bake cheesecake with splenda....... 4 8 oz boxs of room temp cream cheese..... 1/2 cup of splenda mix above ing. then add 1-8oz tub sug free coolwhip ....1 or 2 tsp vanilla to taste Pour all into a 10 inch sug free graham cracker pie crust. Let set in fridge for about4 hours then top any way you like and enjoy. I use this a basic recipe and add change it depending on the mood I am in this time of year I like to add 1/2 cup of puried friut like strawberrys to the mix right after I add the cool whip but blackberrys and rassberrys are also a big hit. I add splenda to taste to the berrys before I add them to the mix. This recipe is also good if yoiu substatue sugar for the splenda and extra creamy coolwhip for the sugarfree stuff . You can also half the recipe and use a 8 inch pie crust instead if you don,t want the large really full 10 inch one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here