Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselin32

RECIPE: Cookies with funny names

roselin32
20 years ago

Ginger posted Marlen's "Chubby Hubby Cookies" recipe so last night when I saw this one, I had to share it:

Chunky Honey Chocolate Bars

1 (21 1/2 oz) package of fudge brownie mix made according to directions

1/2c honey

1/4c creamy peanut butter

3/4c chopped salted peanuts

1 (6 oz) pk semi-sweet choc. chips

Combine honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.

Immediately after taking brownies from oven, sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips and drizzle peanut butter/honey mixture over brownies.

Cool and cut into squares.

Yields: 24 bars

From "Of Tide and Thyme Cookbook"

RL`

Comments (21)

• ginger_st_thomas
    20 years ago

I have that cookbook! It's a good one, too. I haven't tried that recipe but I did make this one (not a funny name, though) & it's good if you like cinnamon.
    GRANDMOTHER'S CINNAMON SQUARES (about 4 dozen)
    1 cup sugar
    2 cups sifted flour
    1 TBL cinnamon
    Dash salt
    1 cup shortening (1/2 or all butter)
    1 unbeaten egg yolk
    1 slightly beaten egg white
    Sliced almonds for garnish

Preheat ovent to 325°. Blend sugar, flour, cinnamon & salt & cream into shortening; add egg yolk.
    Divide the dough into thirds & refrigerate the thirds you are not working with until needed.
    Spread 1/3 of the dough on a cookie sheet; spread until it is uniform & as thin as possible.
    Brush egg white over dough; sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Bake 15-20 mintues or until evenly browned; remove from oven; slice into squares quickly & remove from cookie sheet immediately. Repeat with other 2/3 of dough.~~ Can be kept frozen.

My all time funny name for a cookie though, is Snickerdoodles. I'll have to look through some of my cookbooks to find some others. I know I've loved some names I've come across.

• ruthanna_gw
    20 years ago

I will have to dig out my Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipe cookbook. It has recipes mentioned in his childrens' books like Lickable Wallpaper, Scrambled Dregs and Fresh Mudburgers.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Ruthanna, is that the cookbook for kids that has some really gross named recipes? If it is the one I am thinking of, even I wouldn't buy it!! But if my son knew it was out there, he'd buy it for me! LOL
    RL`

• ruthanna_gw
    20 years ago

If you go to that big bookselling website and type in the title of the book, you should see some reviews on it. Everything we made including The Enormous Crocodile out of a loaf of French bread was actually pretty good. What kid wouldn't want to make a Fresh Mudburger instead of a hamburger? I drew the line at Stickjaw For Talkative Parents, though.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I just went and looked and that MAY be the cookbook but seems to me the one I am thinking of had names that were much more disgusting. These don't sound too bad. Need to go to the bookstore tomorrow or Wed and will look while I am there-that's where I saw it.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Just went and looked and that MAY be the cookbook but the one I was thinking of seemed to have titles for recipes that were much more disgusting-that one doesn't sound too bad. Need to go to the bookstore tomorrow and will look for it while I'm there-that's where I saw it before.

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    20 years ago

The recipe titles in this book are pretty disgusting. My son loved these recipes. I can post if you want a particularly gross one :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Gross Grub

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

That's it, Dishes-and it really is GROSS!!
    For sure I don't want my son to know the name of that one.
    Ruthanna, take a look at it!! LOL
    Thanks, I think,Dishes.
    RL`

• ruthanna_gw
    20 years ago

Eeeewww - and I thought mudburgers were bad. LOL I wonder if it contains the recipe for Ginger's potty jello.

Although anything that gets kids into the kitchen and cooking can't be all bad.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

This is one time when I think "Eeeewww" really says it all!!
    Potty jello, huh? Will have to get her to post that one! LOL
    RL`

• ginger_st_thomas
    20 years ago

Well, I know a few little boys who would probably love "Slab of Scabs." Hee-hee-hee.

20 years ago

Slab o'scabs
    Don't just pick your scabs - stick them on toast for added zest

Ingredients
    12-16 raisins
    2 slices of bread
    Butter or margarine
    Seedless berry jam

Tools you'll need
    Toaster
    Plate
    Butter knife

1. Tear raisins in variously sized, scab-like pieces and set aside.

2. Toast bread until golden brown.

3. Carefully place hot toast on a plate.

4. Spread each slice of toast first with butter or margarine, and then with jam. Artfully arrange scabs on jam and eat.
    Serves: 1 wound worshipper

Sicko serving suggestion: Surreptitiously place a raisin scab on the gauze pad of a sterile (non-medicated) bandage, and apply it to the clean, dry appendage of your choice. Then tell your intended victim that you're so hungry you could eat a scab. Whip off your bandage and chow down in front of them!
    From Gross Grub by Cheryl Porter

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

BAD, Dishes!! But I won't thank you for that!! LOL! Ginger, you are welcome to them-I won't even share that with the little boy I mentor!! With his sense of humor, he would make it for me!
    RL`

20 years ago

Roselin, the sicko suggestions make it worse, LOL!

There is a recipe in this book but it doesn't have jello, it's called "diaper dump porridge." Pretty gross. I bought this for my son when he was in 1st grade, at the book fair at school. He'll be 15 soon. When you mentioned a disgusting book, I had to look for it, haven't opened it in a very long time. My son loved it when he was little. Hmmmm, maybe I should serve some sewer soda with dinner tomorrow to bring back some old memories :)

So what's potty jello?

• ginger_st_thomas
    20 years ago

Potty Jello below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Potty Jello

20 years ago

Thanks, Ginger! The jello recipes look fun! My kids like making stuff like that.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

You guys are so BAD! But, my great nephew has a birthday coming up-his mother won't be thrilled but Matt would love this book if only to drive the rest of the family crazy! LOL
    RL`

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Dishes,
    Really disappointed-"Gross Grub" is out of print! But am glad kids' cookbooks were mentioned-I found one that my great nephew can use but will also learn some things about the other states.
    Thanks all.
    RL`

• ginger_st_thomas
    20 years ago

Just tell her you could have bought him a set of drums. She'll then be thrilled with the recipes.

20 years ago

RL, which book did you end up with? The Roald Dahl Revolting recipes looks like fun! The Mollie Katzen cookbooks for kids also look very nice. I may surprise my daughter with one of those.

• roselin32
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I wanted the Revolting Cookbook but then I found one called "American Grub" that has a recipe or two from every state plus some info on each state that I think Matt will like. The authors are Lynn Kuntz and Jan Fleming. He's going to be 8 so this should work for him and if he is interested in cooking I will order the other one for him for Christmas.
    RL`

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus