Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for recipe: Praline cups

Posted by yellowhead (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 13:11

I once had a recipe for making praline type cups for desserts. I believe it was made with chopped pecans and karo and perhaps a few other ingredients. I put blobs of the mixture on a cookie sheet and popped them in the oven. They would spread & flatten and form thin 6 inch disks. After removing them from the oven, I would drape each disk over a cup and they would harden in that shape. Then the praline type cups could be filled with scoops of ice cream & served for dessert. After googling for many hours, I can't find a recipe for these cups. I have found tuille cups, but the recipe I remember wasn't so cookie dough-ish like tuille pastry. Any help out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for recipe: Praline cups

Yellowhead, here is a recipe for Praline Baskets using almonds. No reason why you couldn't substitute pecans.

Ann

Jim Coleman Recipes

Carmel Praline Basket

The Ingredients you will need are:

1 lb. Light Brown Sugar
2 1/2 sticks Butter
1 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1 3/4 cup Flour, bread or all-purpose
1 1/4 cup, untoasted Almonds

Melt brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil and stir in the flour. Continue cooking and stirring approximately 2-3 minutes. Lightly crush untoasted almonds and stir into the mix. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Scoop desired portion size into a parchment lined baking sheet and bake approximately 10-12 minutes or until mix has stopped spreading and is bubbling. Allow to cool slightly and mold over desired shape to form a cup or basket.

o

Was it like the recipe below? I assume you used pecans instead of hazelnuts, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Praline

o

Thanks, Ann & Ginger. The recipes look quite similar except one uses heat prior to baking - possibly to cook the flour taste out? I'll try both and see which I like better. Thanks so much!

o

You're welcome Yellowhead. I hope one of these recipes works for you.

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here