Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: fabulous coffee chocolate bunt cake

Posted by Loralee (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 04 at 11:24

If you like rich cakes and coffee I guarantee your family and friends will rave about this one. I make it quite often.

choc cake mix (I like the dark choc best)
small pkg choc instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/2 c warm strong coffee
1 c sour cream
1 to 1 1/2 c choc chips
mix well and bake @ 350 in bundt pan for about 50-55 min. Be sure to grease and flour pan well.

Frosting
3/4 c whipping cream steep with 1/4 c whole coffee beans.
1 c choclate chips
1/4 c whole coffee beans
I usually let the cream and beans steep perhaps 25 minutes the cream will look a light tan color watch carefully, remove beans and add 1 cup choc chips. blend well pour over cold cake. ENJOY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: fabulous coffee chocolate bunt cake

I'm not a coffee drinker but love the combo of coffee & chocolate together & this looks like a keeper. Thanks for posting it!

o

I AM a coffee drinker and a chocolate lover so this sounds sinful to me!! Need to try it soon.
RL`

o

Sounds Yummy to me, I'm going it to make it on Thursday.
Thanks for sharing

o

PS let the frosting cool just a little. You want to drizzle it on the cake.if the icing just drains on down the sides of the cake and none of the icing stays on the cake then it is too warm. Lora

o

I must be dense this morning. Exactly what are you doing to the whipped cream when you are steeping it? It is still in it's liquid form and you add coffee beans and warm it? How hot? do you warm it on the cooktop in a pan? Micro?
Can you clarify for me?

o

Put the cream and coffee beans in a kettle on the stove basically it is to simmer maybe 20 25 minutes until the cream turns sort of brown. Then you remove the coffee beans from the cream.
enjoy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here