Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Award winning Appe Pie filling

Posted by eileen_launonen (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 04 at 10:07

I have one I use but Id like to try another recipe . I make my own crust which I really like but I need a better filling.

Id also like some crumb topping recipes instead of the pie shell topping

PLEASE SHARE!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Award winning Appe Pie filling

I can't get huckleberries here but blueberries work well. Try adding a little cinnamon to the flour when you make your pie crust, too for any apple pie:

APPLE HUCKLEBERRY(or blueberry)PIE WITH FRENCH CRUMB TOPPING

Pastry for 9" pie crust

Filling:
5 cups pared & thinly sliced tart apples
1 cup huckleberries or blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Topping:
1 stick firm butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Fit the pastry into a 9" pie plate & flute the edges. Combine the filling ingredients & spoon into the pie shell. To make the topping, cut the butter into the flour with a pastry blender until crumbly. Toss with the brown sugar. Sprinkle the topping over the pie filling. Bake 50 minutes. Cover w/aluminum foil the last 10 minutes if the top browns too quickly.~~ From Gold'n Delicious.

SPECIAL APPLE PIE
Pastry for a 10" pie

Filling:
1 2/3 cups sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
8 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored & sliced

Topping:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 TBL cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup butter, softened slightly

Beat the sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, vanilla & salt. Stir in the apples & pour into the prepared crust. Bake in a preheated 450 oven for 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 & continue baking until the filling is slightly puffed & golden brown, about 45 minutes.
For the topping: Combine the walnuts, flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon & salt in a small bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the pie. Bake 15 minutes more.~~

o

WOW THANKS!!!!!

o

Hope they turn out well for you if you decide to try one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here