Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowball_47

RECIPE: why did it happen?

snowball
14 years ago

I'm the one that posted awhile back about cinnamon cake recipe for daughter's wedding...tried one atleast that you all posted bust wasn't where daughter could taste them anyway so didn't try any of the others. In women's world I found a recipe for a cake called a king's cake

1 box butter cake mix perferably duncan hines

1/2 cup butter

3 eggs

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp allspice

2/3 C water

please note i'm recalling from memoery and hope that what I've typed is what we did we did follow the recipe/box as instructed

it had after baking holes poked in it with a hot rum and butter mixture poured over it

I didn't want the alchol so used exract flavoring and put it into the water so the amount of water was as called for. the cakes fell!!! one thing I know we did wrong was put to many pans in the oven at one time...was that the only thing or what else. I wondered about high altitude directions but haven't in the past. When I've made cakes before I used Betty Crocker...I understand that homemade tastes better but the box mix seemed to be more firm not so crumbly...

we need to redo the cakes and am wondering what your ideas are so that the same mistake won't be made

thanks a bunch

sheila

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County