Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Lindac! Thank you!

Posted by bamasue (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 07 at 21:47

Just had to let you know that your 3 recipes for our 9X13 auction today (lime jello, granny, and apple cakes) brought $18 each and were all bought by the same person looking to stock her freezer for a large Easter crowd. Thank you for helping me do my part for the tornado victims in S. Alabama!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Lindac! Thank you!

Whoo-ha!! $18 for that dumb lime jell-o thing? That's amazing!!...
But it is pretty isn't it?? LOL!
Glad you cleaned up...now to get southern Alabama cleaned up as well!
Did you do the apple cake with the "cake gravy"?...That's the winner in my opinion...!
Glad I could help.
Linda C

o

Oh, I totally forgot about the "cake gravy" part! I was still so blown away at the $18 each!! I had planned it as a side sale at your suggestion, but changed my mind with the gracious purchase of all three together so gave it as a 'bonus'. The lady was just thrilled and super tickled at your moniker 'cake gravy'(as were lots of others)! So, in the end, you won, I won, she has Easter dessert covered and the good folks further down south will be the beneficiaries! It was a great day! Thanks so much again for your help in getting my mind wrapped around some great, quick recipes!!

o

Don't know if I told you...but the way the sauce came to be called "cake gravy" was from an occasion when my son was visiting and I had some friends for dinner, served that cake for dessert and put the sauce in a small sauce boat with a ladle. When it was passed, one of the guys asked what it was, I said "for the cake," He looked puzzled and my son said "it's cake gravy"...and the name stuck!
Linda C

o

Love that!! Leave it to the boys! HA!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here