Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chocolate Upside-Down Cake

Posted by stari (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 21:45

I lost my recipe for a chocolate upside-down cake; it was from one of the women's mags. This one had a chocolate topping with nuts which was put into the bundt pan before the batter was so the gooey chocolate sauce dripped down over the cake when it was inverted. Does anyone have this recipe?

Stari

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chocolate Upside-Down Cake

The one at the link below uses a Bundt pan. I have a recipe that calls for a 8x12" pan.

CHOCLATE PECAN UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Pecan Topping:
4 TBL unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

Cake:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 TBL butter, softened (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 sq (3 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

For the topping: In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar & syrup. Pour into a greased 8x12" baking pan. Scatter pecans evenly on top & set aside.
For the cake: Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt 7 set aside. Cream the butter; gradually add the sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the melted chocolate. Combine the sour cream & vanilla. Add to the batter alternately w/the dry ingredients. Pour over the topping in the pan. Bake 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Loosen the edges with a sharp knife. Invert onto a cake plate immediately. serve w/whipped cream of vanilla ice cream.~~Scarsdale Entertains

Here is a link that might be useful: Chocolate Nut Upside-Down Cake

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chocolate Upside-Down Cake

Here's one I've tried & everyone really liked, I didn't use a bundt pan though, & I don't remember adding the marshmallows either:
Upside Down German Chocolate Cake Frosting:
1 c water
c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c coconut
2 c mini marshmallows
1 c nuts
Cake: 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
c water
2 c flour
1 c sugar
t salt
1 t soda
1 c sour cream
c soft butter
1 t vanilla
3 eggs
In saucepan heat 1 c water and c butter til melted. Pour in 13x9 pan. Stir in brown sugar and coconut; sprinkle marshmallows and nuts evenly over top. In saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with cup water. Combine chocolate mix with remaining cake ingredients. Beat 3 min at med speed. Spoon batter over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350 for 45-55 min. Or use cake mix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here