Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires_gw

RECIPE: L@@king For T&T Banana Wafer Pudding

sapphires
19 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for a T&T Banana Wafer Puddding recipe. What ya got? Thank you.

Sapphires

Comments (10)

• shaun
    19 years ago

I just do it the easy way; I'm sure there are other more involved recipes too but ......

I layer a big bowl or glass baking dish with vanilla wafers, mix up some instant vanilla pudding, slice up some bananas...and layer it all ending with the wafers.

Ummmmm I may have to make some for Easter! Thanks for the idea!

• sapphires
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Shaun,
    That's what I want to do, make it for Easter. I know there are many ways to make it. Thanks.
    Sapphires

• ginger_st_thomas
    19 years ago

I don't put meringue on this. I top it with whipped cream:
    BANANA PUDDING (serves 6)
    1/3 cup flour
    Dash of salt
    3/4 cup sugar, divided
    4 eggs, separated
    3 cups milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla (I use 1 tsp)
    40 vanilla wafers
    6 bananas, sliced

Combine flour, salt & 1/2 cup sugar in top of a double boiler. Stir in yolks & milk. Blend well. Stirring constantly, cook uncovered until thickened. Reduce heat to low & cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat & add vanilla.
    Alternate layers of vanilla wafers, bananas & pudding in a 1 1/2 qt casserole, ending with pudding. P
    If you're going to use meringue on top:
    Preheat oven to 425°. Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar & beat until stiff peaks form. Spread on pudding. Bake 5 minutes. Let cool & chill before serving.~~From You're Invited.

• glenda_al
    19 years ago

You can't beat the recipe on back of the vanilla wafer box.

I've had this one, and it is excellent

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (You can use vanilla wafer, instead)
    6 to 8 bananas, sliced
    2 cups milk
    1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
    In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

• roselin32
    19 years ago

This is the one I use:
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
    1 1/2 cups cold water
    1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
    2 cups whipping cream, whipped
    36 vanilla wafers
    3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in
    lemon juice from concentrate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    In large mixing bowl, combine EAGLE BRAND® and water. Add pudding mix; beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.
    Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1-cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2-quart glass serving bowl.
    Top with one-third each of the vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding mixture. Chill thoroughly. Garnish. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

• roselin32
    19 years ago

If I am in a hurry, I use this one:
    6 bananas
    1 box Vanilla Wafers
    1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
    1 large box Vanilla instant pudding
    1 large Cool Whip
    8 oz Cream cheese (I use the lite)
    Beat cream cheese and slowly add condensed milk-add pudding and beat well. Fold in cool whip and layer with wafers and bananas.
    Chill for 2 hours before serving.
    Chill at least 2

• jenn
    19 years ago

How do you keep the vanilla wafers from getting soggy????

• woodie
    19 years ago

Jenn, they get soggy, that's part of the deliciousness!

• mara1331
    19 years ago

What is T & T ?

• roselin32
    19 years ago

Mara, T & T means "tried and true".

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource