Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasue_gw

LOOKING for: St Pat's Day

bamasue
17 years ago

I need some suggestions for a really great 9x13 dessert to bring to a potluck. Main will be the traditional corned beef/cabbage. Thank you!

Comments (6)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Does it have to be a 9x13" pan? I posted this 4 years ago & have no idea which cookbook I got it from.

IRISH CREAM CHEESECAKE
    6 whole graham crackers
    1/4 cup melted butter
    24 oz cream cheese, softened
    7 TBL sugar
    1 TBL flour
    2 eggs
    6 TBL sour cream
    1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    9 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
    Chocolate curls, optional

Process graham crackers in food processor until finely ground. Add butter; process until mixed. Press over bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
    Beat cream cheese & sugar in mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in flour & eggs 1 at a time. Blend in sour cream, Irish Cream & vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°. Bake 40 minutes longer. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in closed oven for 1 hour.
    Loosen cheesecake from side of pan; do not remove pan. Chill overnight.
    Bring cream to a simmer in heavy saucepan. Add semisweet chocolate. Heat over low heat until melted & smooth, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm.
    Place cake on rack placed on baking sheet. Remove side of pan. Pour chocolate glaze over top; spread over top & side with spatula. Chill until set. Remove to serving plate. Top w/chocolate curls, if using.~~

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Check out the recipes below. Some really look good.

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Patrick's Day Desserts

• lindac
    17 years ago

Years ago I would make this one...not as yummy as ginger's cheese cake...but easy and fresh tasting. It's an adaptation of that lemon jello cake.
    Linda C
    LIME JELLO CAKE

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
    1 c. cooking oil
    1 pkg. lime Jello, dissolved in 1 c.
    hot water
    1/2 tsp grated lime rind
    4 eggs, added one at a time
    4 or 5 drops of green food coloring if you want a really intense color.
    Bake in an 9 by 12 glass baking dish at 350 for 35 minutes or until done.

Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes and pour over a glaze made from 1 cup powdered sugar...juice from a lime and enough lemon juice to make 1/4 cup. Mix glaze and pour slowly over cake...letting cake absorb the claze before adding more.
    Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

• bamasue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What a difference a day makes! Our potluck has now worthily evolved into a food auction to benefit the tornado victims and school in the southern part of our state. I'm still in the dessert queue for 2 things and it must be a 9x13 something. Linda, your cake is perfect! Ginger, I'm all over anything with Bailey's so that's perfect for me, personally. Going now to peruse your link to Goldmine..but I know that what gets posted is T&T as in your Italian Beef!! Thank you both for quick responses to my plea.

• lindac
    17 years ago

I have several other "desserts" made in a 9 by 13 dish...but some have a creamy layer and have to be refrigerated...
    How about lemon bars? Naniamo bars?
    Or haow about this one...I suspect it came from these forums at one time...
    Cake pineappleGRANNY CAKE
    2 CUPS FLOUR
    1 CUP SUGAR
    1 TSP SALT
    1 TSP BAKING POWDER
    1 TSP BAKING SODA
    2 EGGS
    1 20 OZ CAN CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
    BROWN SUGAR
    CHOPPED NUTS
    ********TOPPING******
    1 CAN SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
    ½ CUP BUTTER
    ½ CUP SUGAR
    1 TSP VANILLA

IN LARGE BOWL MIX TOGETHER FLOUR, SUGAR, SALT, BAKING POWDER AND SODA. ADD EGGS ONE AT A TIME THEN PINEAPPLE W/JUICE. POUR INTO GREASED 13 X 9 PAN. SPRINKLE BROWN SUGAR AND NUTS ON TOP THEN BAKE @ 350 FOR 40 MINS ******TOPPING******* ABOUT 10 MINS BEFORE CAKE COMES OUT OF OVEN, HEAT THE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK AND SUGAR OVER MEDIUM HEAT TILL SUGAR DISOLVES. ADD BUTTER AND VANILLA. POUR OVER HOT CAKE WHEN COMES OUT OF OVEN.

Preparation time: 10 minutes
    Cooking time: 40 minutes
    Ready in: 1 hour

Cooking Tips
    CAN BE SERVED WARM WITH A SCOOP OF VANILLA ICE CREAM OR WOULD BE A GREAT CAKE FOR PICNICS BECAUSE IT DOESNT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION

Or this apple cake....good with or with out the warm sauce served with. but you could sell the container of sauce with the cake...ought to bring a few extra $$.

Apple Cake

4 cups chopped apples
    1 ½ cups sugar
    ½ cup raisins ( I use chopped other fruit like dried cranberries, blue berries or apricots)
    Mix and let sit for about an hour ( less is OK)
    2 cups flour
    ¾ tsps soda and ¾ tsps BP
    ¾ tsps salt
    1T cinnamon
    ¼ tsp nutmeg
    Mix dry ingredients
    2 eggs
    ¾ cups veggie oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    beat together
    1 cup chopped pecans if desired.
    Add the oil and eggs to the apples and sugar and dried fruit. Stir in the dry mixture and add nuts if desires.
    Pour into greased 9 by 13 pan and bake 350 until doneÂ..40 to 50 minutes.
    Serve with cake gravy!

Cake Gravy
    Mix 1 cup sugar
    1 stick butter
    ½ cup evap milk
    1 tsp vanillaÂ.
    Mix all and cook all in a sauce pan for about 3 minutes.
    Seerve warm over the cake.

• bamasue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, done! I'll do 3...the lime jello,the granny,and apple...and save Ginger's cheesecake por moi!! Others are doing cookies and bars so we're ok there. Linda, I do like the way you think! Sell the cake gravy(love that!) separately,for extra $$. Just the name alone would surely trigger some more green!! Thank you both! Sue