Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: molded chocolate?

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 05 at 10:36

DD gave me a kit to use making molded chocolate candies, and it has a manual, a tiny double-boiler, and dozens of plastic molds, but all it says instructions-wise is, "Melt the chocolate and pour it into the squeeze bottle or ladle it into the desired molds with the small ladle." Do they mean melt chocolate chips with nothing added? TIA, chery-va

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: molded chocolate?

Chery, I have used the Wilton candy melts for that purpose. You can find them in Michaels craft store. There is something added to that chocolate that makes it easy to melt and mold. I've never used choc. chips but I guess you can try it.

When I mold chocolate I use a good quality chocolate. I happen to have a tempering machine which takes the guess work out of when the chocolate is at the right temp. You don't have to do that with the candy melts.

Tracey

o

Chery, here is a link on making homemade chocolates. Maybe you will find something of interest here.

Ann

o

Every Christmas I make 20 to 25 pounds of molded chocolates. I always use Wilton Candy Melts. I've tried others but they don't come out as shiny looking as Wilton's and also other types of chocolate tend to turn white with temperature changes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

MsT. Wow I'm impressed. Your chocolates look perfect.

Ann

o

Thank you, Ann :-)

o

Those are GORGEOUS, MsT!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here