Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: chocolate cookies for cheesecake crust

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 23:56

I have a recipe for chocolate cheesecake I want to try for Valentines Day. It was demonstrated in a chocolate class I took the other day. It calls for 2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs for the crust. The only plain chocolate cookie I can find in the store is $ 6 a boxa very small box!.

Any idea what else I could use? Regular graham cracker crumbs doesnt seem right.

The teacher said you can use oreos. He said to keep the white filling in, that adding it would help to keep the crumbs together. (other recipes I have use melted butter for that, but this recipe doesnt call for butter).

But considering how sweet oreo filling is, wouldnt that throw off the recipe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: chocolate cookies for cheesecake crust

I doubt it since the crust isn't all that thick & cheesecakes are more rich than sweet. Might even be better.

o
RE: LOOKING for: chocolate cookies for cheesecake crust

I think oreo cookies makes a cookie crumb that can be found in the baking section. I use to split them apart and just use the half of the cookie with the icing scraped off and eat the other half as a cookie. Waste not want not. Try the baking section where the graham cracker crumbs are.

Dottie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here