Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: What to make with silicone Heart mold?

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 08 at 16:00

Not sure what possessed me but I picked up a red silicone heart mold at the craft store. Now I dont know what to make in it. It has 6 sections like a muffin tin. I guess I was thinking of surprising husband and daughter with heart-shaped muffins on Valentines Day morning. Cute little pineapple upside-down cakes? I could cut the pineapple rings to fit. But Im thinking now that the raising of muffins or cupcakes may make whatever I put in these heart shapes kind of shapeless. Not sure if thats true or not. What else could I do? I usually make some kind of fabulous dessert for Valentines Day but the emphasis is on taste, not decoration or appearance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: What to make with silicone Heart mold?

Check this out! It looks sooo good!! It's heart shaped too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Caramel Cake

o

That looks really yummy but maybe not for the mold. Oh well, it won't be the first time I've bought a white elephant.

o

I don't know how big your heart molds are, but last year I bought some free-standing non-stick individual heart molds. I am going to make lava cakes out of them tonight. I don't know if they will hold their shapes when I take them out of the pan, but it's worth a try.

Gail

o

First thing that came to my mind was

Couers A La Creme
(Cream Hearts)

6 6-inch squares of cheesecloth, moistened
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
1 c whipping cream
1 recipe peach sauce or raspberry sauce (recipes follow)

Line 6 3-inch molds with cheesecloth squares, allowing cloth to overhang. In small mixer bowl, blend cheese and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed on mixer until light and fluffy,

In another bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks; fold into cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into molds. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. To serve, invert onto plate. Holding onto cheesecloth ends,lift off mold, peel off cheesecloth. Serve with Peach or Raspberry Sauce.

Serves 6

Peach Sauce: Heat 1/4 c apricot preserves until melted. Stir in 10 oz frozen peaches, thawed, well drained and chopped, and 2 T orange liqueur. Cover and chill. Makes about 1 cup of sauce

Raspberry Sauce: Heat 1/4 c currant jelly until melted. Stir in 10 oz frozen raspberries, thawed, and well drained, and 2 T dry red wine. Cover and chill. Makes about 1 cup of sauce

Linda

o

Here is a Demarle Mold donation drawing we are doing for a fund raiser. The product is wonderful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demarle Drawing with donations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here