Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanut Butterfingers - old school recipe

Posted by CampbellUT (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 13:14

Hi! I have been searching for this recipe forever and cannot find it. When I was in school, one of our favorite desserts was Peanut Butterfingers. They were three layers--an oat cookie crust, a peanut butter layer and chocolate on top. I remember making this with one of my friends and her mom and we spread the peanut butter layer on top of the cookie as soon as we took it out of the oven then sprinkled chocolate chips over the whole thing, then we waited a few minutes and spreak the chocolate evenly over the cookie. And I keep remembering it being made in a jelly-roll pan instead of a 9x13 pan.

Has anyone seen a recipe like this? Thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butterfingers - old school recipe

Try this one-it might be close to what you are looking for:
Cream together:
1/2c butter
1/2c sugar
1/2c brown sugar
Blend in:
1 egg, unbeaten
1/3c peanut butter
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Stir i:
1c flour
1c rolled oats
Spread in a greased 9x13" pan. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.
After baking, sprinkle with 1 6oz pk chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine
1/2c sifted conf`. sugar
1/4c peanut butter
2-4T evaporated milk
Spread chocolate evenly. Drizzle with icing mixture.
Cool and cut into bars.
RL`

o

Are you sure you didn't put the chocolate chips on the cookie base first? I would think if you put the peanut butter on first, the chocolate chips wouldn't melt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peanut butter

o

Well, it was a LONG time ago so I will just have to try these recipes and see how they taste. I may not remember how we made them but I'll never forget how they tasted! Thanks for the help!

o

They do sound good. Let us know if either is similar. Maybe you put it back in the oven for a little while to melt the chocolate if the chocolate really was on top?

o

Well, I made these yesterday.

I decided to use Roselin's because it had a little bit more peanut butter.

If I didn't pay attention to the texture, the flavors were exactly right. But I remember there was a creamier topping on top--but I have no idea what it was! DH tried it too and he thought it was pretty close, but we both agree that the flavor is the most important so it is a keeper for us. I drizzled the peanut butter frosting on top of the chocolate while it was still warm and pulled a knife across it back and forth--it was beautiful! Very rich tasting and will definitely satisfy a peanut butter craving.

Thanks for all the help!

o

So glad to hear you liked them even if they weren't the exact recipe you were looking for. Maybe you can experiment with it a bit and come a lot closer to the one you remember?? If you do, let us know what you came up with.
RL`

o

I found a recipe that is suppose to be the same and its simple, but the school used shredded, dehydrated sweet potatoes. To my knowledge you cant get them anymore. That's why they dont taste the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here