Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Need good keylime pie recipe

Posted by raybeck (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 18, 05 at 11:06

Anyone have a really good keylime pie recipe they would share, I sure would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Need good keylime pie recipe

This is one I've made to good reviews:
KEY LIME PIE
filling:
4 eggs, separated
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (like Eagle brand)
Green food coloring, if desired
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tsp grated lime zest
9" graham cracker pie shell

Meringue:
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar

Beat yolks. Stir in milk, lime juice, zest & a few drops of food coloring. Beat 1 egg white until stiff. Fold into milk mixture. Turn into pie shell. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stuff. Spread meringue on top of pie sealing edges to crust. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes or until brown. Cool & then chill in refrigerator.~~From Sea Island Seasons

o

I use the one from the Nellie and Joe's key lime juice bottle. Pretty similar to yours, Ginger. I like the meringue topping, sounds good!

Key Lime Pie
1 - 9" Graham cracker pie crust
1 - 14oz Can of pre-sweetened condensed milk
3 Egg Yolks (whites are not used)
1/2 Cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice

Combine condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.

o

Thank you both, so much, I really appreciate it. Anything with eagle brand milk HAS to be good!!! lol I look forward to giving it a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here