Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missourilark

LOOKING for: Ridiculously Easy Cherry Cobbler

missourilark
18 years ago

I've heard of a recipe that's supposedly super easy,using a cake mix,canned pie filling,butter...anyone happen to have it?

Comments (4)

• lindac
    18 years ago

This one?...remember your returns are about equal to your investmant...while easy that won't be very good....check out the one in the link I have attached. It's still very easy and will taste a lot better.
    Linda C

EASY CHERRY COBBLER

1 can cherry pie filling
    3/4 stick butter, melted
    1 box yellow Jiffy cake mix

Pour pie filling in square baking dish. Pour cake mix
    over filling; drizzle melted butter over cake mix. Bake at
    350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: easy cherry cobbler.

• ginger_st_thomas
    18 years ago

I don't know, I think the easy one is good. Here's another variation:
    CHERRY DESSERT
    2 cans cherry pie filling (blueberry works too)
    1 white cake mix
    1 pkg slivered almonds
    1 stick butter, melted
    Whipped cream or ice cream

Preheat oven to 350°. Place pie filling in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pie filling. Scatter almonds over cake mix & drizzle melted ubtter over the top of all the other ingredients. Bake 35-40 minutes in the preheated 350° oven until brown but not too dark. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.~~

• jenn
    18 years ago

It's called Dump Cake and it is very popular in my family and at work where I first got the recipe.

Dump Cake

* 1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple (in syrup) -- undrained
    * 1 21-oz. can cherry (or blueberry or blackberry) pie filling
    * 1 yellow cake mix (NOT one with pudding in the mix)
    * 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds)
    * 1 stick butter (do not substitute margarine)

Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan (preferably glass) with Pam (or a light coating of other vegetable oil).

Spread crushed pineapple and cherry pie filling in bottom of pan, gently stirring to mix evenly.

Sprinkle cake mix in an even layer on top; gently "level" with hand, taking care not to poke into fruit layer.

Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top of the cake.

Slice the butter into very thin slices (this works best when the butter is very cold). Place butter evenly over entire top of cake, covering as much of the surface as possible. (NOTE: You may need a little more than one stick of butter, depending on the size of the pan you use.)

Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes, until top is lightly browned and fruit is bubbling.

May be served warm or cold, but it's best served warm with vanilla ice cream.

• colleenoz
    18 years ago

I do one very similar to the recipe Lindac posted in the link (not the cake-mix one). It's DH's favourite, and he requested it for his last birthday party. I thought the family was too full from the dinner and I'd have a lot of leftovers but they cleaned up a quadruple batch (which I made because I was at SIL's and she only had a huge baking pan available :-) ).

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths