Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for a no bake cheesecake recipe

Posted by thetews (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 08 at 9:19

I found the best cheesecake recipe in a food magazine (maybe Gourmet?) in 1984, wrote it down, and made it every few years until I lost the recipe some years back.

I'm dying to find that recipe again. But I'd appreciate any recipes that you think sound close that are really good.

The cheesecake was a no-bake cheesecake. The ingrediants included cream cheese, heavy cream, unflavored gelatin, sugar, egg whites, vanilla, and more ingrediants I can't remember. It was a tedious recipe to make, with lots of whipping some ingrediants together, heating some ingrediants very slowly on the stove. The crust had butter, sugar, and crushed vanilla wafers. and it was baked lightly. After the filling was made, it was poured into the pan and then some was left over and mixed with some melted chocolate chips. The chocolate/cheesecake mixture was then dolloped onto the cheesecake, and swirled with a knife to make a swirly look on top and inside. Then it was refrigerated for some time.

It was soooo good, and the first time I made it I entered it into a dessert contest and I won first prize.

Does this recipe sound familiar to anyone? Do you have it, or something like it?

Please share - I really want to make the best cheesecake for my cheesecake loving co-worker who is leaving on Friday.

Thanks,
Alice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for a no bake cheesecake recipe

This is from answers.yahoo.com & sounds similar other than not using vanilla wafers for the crust which would be easy to substitute.

CHOCOLATE MARBLED CHEESECAKE

2 c. chocolate cookie wafer crumbs
1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted

FILLING:

2 env. unflavored gelatin
1/2 c. cold water
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
1 1/2 c. milk
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 pkg. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 c. whipping cream
2 c. cottage cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
4 egg whites

For Crust: Combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. press mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Chill.
For Filling: Sprinkle gelatin over water to soften. Combine flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks; return all to saucepan. Cook 1 additional minute. Add softened gelatin; stir until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm.

Melt chocolate pieces with 1/3 cup whipping cream over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. (Refrigerate remaining cream until used.) Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm. Beat cottage cheese 5 minutes on highest speed of mixer. Blend in vanilla and almond extracts and gelatin mixture. Beat egg whites until foamy; continue beating and gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar.

Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites into gelatin mixture. Whip remaining 2/3 cup cream in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture.

Spoon about 1/3 of filling into crust; drizzle thin stream of chocolate over filling; swirl with spoon in marble pattern. Repeat until filling and chocolate are used.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here