Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thetews

RECIPE: Looking for a no bake cheesecake recipe

thetews
16 years ago

I found the best cheesecake recipe in a food magazine (maybe Gourmet?) in 1984, wrote it down, and made it every few years until I lost the recipe some years back.

I'm dying to find that recipe again. But I'd appreciate any recipes that you think sound close that are really good.

The cheesecake was a no-bake cheesecake. The ingrediants included cream cheese, heavy cream, unflavored gelatin, sugar, egg whites, vanilla, and more ingrediants I can't remember. It was a tedious recipe to make, with lots of whipping some ingrediants together, heating some ingrediants very slowly on the stove. The crust had butter, sugar, and crushed vanilla wafers. and it was baked lightly. After the filling was made, it was poured into the pan and then some was left over and mixed with some melted chocolate chips. The chocolate/cheesecake mixture was then dolloped onto the cheesecake, and swirled with a knife to make a swirly look on top and inside. Then it was refrigerated for some time.

It was soooo good, and the first time I made it I entered it into a dessert contest and I won first prize.

Does this recipe sound familiar to anyone? Do you have it, or something like it?

Please share - I really want to make the best cheesecake for my cheesecake loving co-worker who is leaving on Friday.

Thanks,

Alice

Comment (1)