Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Snow Cream

Posted by gluecille (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 05 at 21:41

I just thought since everyone had so much snow they might like to have this recipe. My mom used to make this for us when we were kids and I made it for mine. Now I make it for the grandkids. Just make sure you get clean snow and stay away from the yellow snow.

Snow Cream

2 Cups Milk
2 Eggs (Optional)
1 Cup Sugar
Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Large Bowl of Snow

In large bowl mix milk, eggs (Optional), sugar and vanilla. Add snow to the milk mixture until it becomes very thick. Eat and enjoy!!!

You can put the left overs in the freezer. It won't be the same texture but it's still good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Snow Cream

I remember my Mom making snow cream when I was very little. Nice memories.

o

Ginger, I think that is why I like it so much. Wonderful memories!!! Just loved those snow days, not having to go to school, the fun we had getting the snow, being excited while mom was making it and the reward of eating it!!!

o

Seems like she made one with syrup, too (maple?) A real treat.

o

Just don't use yellow snow!!!

o

LOLOL

o

I made my 3 children, ages 6 yrs, 2 1/2 yrs, and 11 months, snow cream for the first time. They loved it! My husband and I both remember eating it when we was their age and how much we loved it. So we decided to pass the tradition along to each of them. Hopefully they will do the same when they have children.

o

sounds like something I should make for my kids since they like to eat snow anyways....LOL... I'll try it tomorrow... thanks :)

o

I'm very jealous. It never snows here. sigh.........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dessert Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here